Company: FirstService Residential
Location: Delray Beach
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Members of the maintenance team ensure that all mechanical
systems and equipment are operational and properly maintained and
all common areas are maintained in a clean aesthetically appealing
and disinfected condition.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routinely walks floors including roof checking for problems and
lights out and reports back to supervisors.
- Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing
- Maintains working relationship with building staff.
- Painting of all common areas and touch up may be required.
Responsible to inspect areas that need paint and advice
- Completes daily work orders as scheduled.
- Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
- Properly performs casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy
items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety
- Performs minor maintenance replacement and repairs in areas of
carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, painting,
flooring, and other building repairs through daily scheduled work
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work
- Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of
carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting,
flooring, and other minor building repairs as long as a permit is
not required to conduct the job.
- Must be able to properly utilize new equipment and follow
safety procedures prior to using this equipment.OPERATING SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:Education/Training:High school diploma or
equivalency preferred.Experience/Knowledge/Abilities:Requires a
minimum of two (2) years general experience in building trades,
repair and replacement maintenance or handy work. Effective written
and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service,
communication and interpersonal skills required.Special
Requirements/Physical Demands:The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs following appropriate safety
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time;
be able to reach overhead; have full range of mobility in upper and
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not
limited to stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and
squatting for extended periods of time, climbing stairs, navigating
the property/building quickly and easily as required to meet the
- Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum
14 ft on A-frames and 21 ft on extension ladders)
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions
(e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity)
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment up to 50
lbs occasionally to complete assigned job tasks
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by
means of the spoken and written word
- Maintain a valid Florida driver's licenseDISCLAIMER: This is
not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the
right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities
to this job at any time.
Keywords: FirstService Residential, Delray Beach , Maintenance Staff, Professions , Delray Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!