Staff Data Scientist - Retail
Company: Blue Yonder
Location: Delray Beach
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Role : Staff Data Scientist
Location: Dallas, TX or Remote
* Leading AI-driven Global Supply Chain Solutions Software Product
Company and one of Glassdoor's "Best Places to Work"
* Product Team: Commerce Planning- Ground up cloud agnostic native
service built, UX and API driven SaaS product.
* Help shape lives of millions of customers around the world of
some of the leading companies around the world by shaping the
automated intake and autonomous response to the supply and market
events that allow the business entity to accurately understand the
response to the latest disruptions experienced by the supply
* We drive excellence through empathy. To each other and to our
customers, and partners. Constant feedback loop through our
integrated teams allows us to experience how others use what we
create and help to constantly improve.
* Team fun events such as outings, hackathons, and fun-days.
Because where else the creativity comes from?
* New Product Introduction! Ground up native SaaS technology
product that will be a major contributor to provide solution for
the next gen commerce planning and help retailers respond to their
real time disruptions.
* The opportunity to grow is huge as this team is a new forming
team with highest visibility and especially this role is owns
delivering new product offering.
* Cloud Agnostic microservices. Microservices should be seamlessly
deployable and operable in any cloud.
* Develop new ML and optimization models to enable retail
e-commerce for near time planning at micro-fulfilment centers.
Current Technical Environment
* Software: Java, Spring boot, Gradle, GIT, Hibernate, Rest API,
* Application Architecture: Scalable, Resilient, event driven,
secure multi-tenant distributed Microservices architecture
* Cloud Architecture: Terraform, AKS/GKE/EKS, Kong, Kafka, MinIO/
S3/ADLS, Okta Airflow, dbt, Hazelcast/Apache Ignite,
* Snowflake/Delta Lake ELK/Prometheus, Grafana
* Frameworks/Others: Kubernetes, NOSQL, Spark, RDBMS, Gradle GIT,
Jenkins, Keras/PyTorch, TensorFlow, Flask.
What you will do:
* Independently, or alongside junior scientists, implement machine
learning models by Procuring data from platform, customer, and
public data sources
* Implementing data enrichment and cleansing routines
* Implementing features, preparing modelling data sets, feature
* Evaluating candidate models, select and reporting on test
performance of final one
* Ensuring proper runtime deployment of models, and
* Implementing runtime monitoring of model inputs and performance
to ensure continued model stability
* Work with product management, functional architect and
engineering team helping shape up the final solution
* Use data to understand patterns, come up with and test
What we are looking for:
* 7+ years of over all IT Experience with 4+ years as data
scientist, statistician or optimization expert
* Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and
algorithms, such as K means clustering, Naive Bayes etc
* Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, R,
Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is
* Experience in Supply Chain concepts
* Experience in Statistical Analysis, Operations Research concepts
-Integer/Linear/Stochastic programming, Convex and Non-Convex
Optimization, Heuristic and Meta-Heuristics
* Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions,
statistical testing, regression, etc.
* Good scripting and programming skills
* Data-oriented personality
* Prefer previous experience with Fulfilment/Allocation/Forecasting
or any ecommerce products
* LI- REMOTE
The salary range for this position is $126,441 - $158,435.
The salary range information provided, reflects the anticipated
base salary range for this position based on current national data.
Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual salary
will be commensurate with skills, experience, certifications or
licenses and other relevant factors. In addition, this role will be
eligible to participate in either the annual performance bonus or
commission program, determined by the nature of the position.
At Blue Yonder, we care about the wellbeing of our employees and
those most important to them. This is reflected in our robust
benefits package and options that includes:
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision
* 401K with Matching
* Flexible Time Off
* Corporate Fitness Program
* Wellbeing Days
* A variety of voluntary benefits such as; Legal Plans, Accident
and Hospital Indemnity, Pet Insurance and much more
At Blue Yonder, we are committed to a workplace that genuinely
fosters inclusion and belonging in which everyone can share their
unique voices and talents in a safe space. We continue to be guided
by our core values and are proud of our diverse culture as an equal
opportunity employer. We understand that your career search may
look different than others, and embrace the professional, personal,
educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain
If you want to know the heart of a company, take a look at their
values. Ours unite us. They are what drive our success and the
success of our customers. Does your heart beat like ours? Find out
here: Core Values
Diversity, Inclusion, Value & Equality (DIVE) is our strategy for
fostering an inclusive environment we can be proud of. Check out
Blue Yonder's inaugural Diversity Report which outlines our
commitment to change, and our video celebrating the differences in
all of us in the words of some of our associates from around the
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Blue Yonder, Delray Beach , Staff Data Scientist - Retail, Other , Delray Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!