Abbey Delray-Personal Services Assistant
Company: Lifespace Communities, Inc.
Location: Delray Beach
Posted on: July 27, 2022
Don't just live life....love life!Who wants to go to a boring
job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our
residents! If you are a compassionate Nursing Assistant who has the
heart for providing exceptional care and and you have the desire to
create memorable experiences for our seniors, we want to talk to
you!We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by
our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in
your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create
your own lasting impression.Abbey Delray2000 Lowson Blvd.Delray
Beach, FL 33445Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the
opportunity to become a Personal Services Assistant at Abbey
Delray, a CCRC community located in Delray Beach .The Home Health
Assistant provides personal care and related services in the home.A
few other details about the role:
- Help resident to maintain good personal hygiene (bathing,
dressing, or grooming).
- Check vital signs. Performs bowel and bladder management
- Assist in maintaining a healthful, safe environment.
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals. Market when instructed to do
so by the nurse.
- Assist the resident with ambulation or exercise.
- Provide assistance with medication management as directed by
registered nurse or assigned by a licensed practical nurse.
- Assist with certain treatments as ordered by the physician and
approved and supervised by the registered nurse.
- Assist the therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative
- Attempt to promote resident's mental alertness through
involvement in activities of interest.
- Give simple emotional and psychological support to the resident
and other members of the household. Establish a relationship with
resident and family that builds trust and confidentiality.
- Carry out assignment per home health care plan as instructed by
the registered nurse or the paramedical team and report to the
registered nurse when unable to perform as requested.
- Work with personnel of other community agencies involved in the
resident's care as directed by the registered nurse.
- Prepare a report of visit on the day it is performed and record
in the clinical record weekly or as directed.
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and
comfortable environment for the resident, as instructed.
- Confirm on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the
supervisor/director, to coordinate necessary visits with other team
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in
accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service
culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service
pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
meetings.And here's what you need to apply:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience
- Certifications and licensure required by state
- Completion of a basic aide training program consistent with
state and federal requirements and for which a certificate was
- Current CPR certification.
- Has a reliable means of transportation. Must have a valid state
driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors
and team members.
- Has the emotional and mental maturity necessary for
establishing and maintaining a good work relationship with the
resident, resident's family, and the team members of the
- Knowledge of infection control and indications for personal
protective equipment.Must possess the ability to handles
emergencies in a calm and timely manner with knowledge of personal
boundaries.Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this
is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth,
and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your
life and experience Living Lifespace.ORGANIZATIONAL
OVERVIEW:Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines,
Iowa, is one of the nation's largest senior living provider of
non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual
revenue of over $340 million and employs over 3,800 team members.
Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer.Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help
create exceptional, financially sound communities where people
could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The
organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating
communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves
over 5,100 residents.The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
- Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
- Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
- Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
- Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire,
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
- New Castle - Mequon, Wisconsin
- Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
- Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
- The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
- Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida Accessibility: If you need
an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact
Human Resources at Email: ASKHR@LIFESPACECOMMUNITIES.COM Equal
Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. If you want
to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese If you want to view the EEO is
the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English -
Spanish - Chinese If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy
Statement, please click the link: English
Keywords: Lifespace Communities, Inc., Delray Beach , Abbey Delray-Personal Services Assistant, Other , Delray Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!