Delivery Truck Driver/Warehouse
Company: Tropic Supply, Inc.
Location: Delray Beach
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Warehouse Associate & Delivery Driver is responsible for
driving Tropic Supply trucks and vans with a capacity of 3 tons or
more to transport and deliver cargo or materials to specified
destinations and customers. This position is also responsible for
providing exceptional customer service, interacting with internal
and external customers, vendors and contractors; and continuously
demonstrating behaviors and actions consistent with the Companys
They are also responsible for the following duties:
- Drive truck with capacity of 3 tons or more to transport and
deliver cargo or materials to specified destinations.
- Maintain truck logs according to company policy and state and
federal DoT regulations.
- Ensure that all parts, pieces, and equipment serial numbers on
the paperwork match the inventory loaded on the truck. Each
delivery is to be verified before leaving the dock.
- Accurately prepare outgoing deliveries as assigned by the
- Responsible for proper packing procedures, labeling of packages
and all preparatory paperwork required to ensure the most efficient
method of transportation of material.
- Physically inspect serialized items for damage as requested by
the customer. When required, open the box and inspect equipment.
Have the customer initial in the appropriate box on the pick
- Safely and accurately secure cargo for transport.
- Maintain telephone contact with Resource Center or Manager to
receive instructions or to be dispatched to new location.
- Obtain customer signature for goods delivered and have the
customer add initials to appropriate box on pick ticket.
- Properly clean and inspect vehicle daily.
- Safely and accurately operate equipment on vehicle to load,
unload, or disperse cargo or materials.
- Assist with warehouse duties as needed. Including but not
limited to: operating all tools and equipment in a safe manner;
including but not limited to: fork lift, pallet jack, and hand
- Safely and effectively operate all warehouse equipment and
maintain a valid forklift certification.
- Participate in answering the telephone in warehouse when
- Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly manner; sweep
warehouse floor and clean debris.
- Promptly notify supervisor of any safety concerns.
- Assist in the annual inventory for the warehouse.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by
- Have knowledge and comply with, all applicable federal, state,
local and company rules and regulations in accordance with the
accepted principals of the safe operation of a hazardous cargo tank
- Properly complete driver daily logs and all necessary delivery
tickets, trip reports, fuel reports, damage reports, and other
paperwork required by company, to be turned in as instructed.
- Comply with loading/unloading procedures for the appropriate
cargos being transported.
- Follow company guidelines with respect to appropriate conduct
when dealing with customers, fellow employees, and the motoring
- At a minimum, each driver must have a valid Driver's License;
must meet/have all state requirements to operate interstate
truck/cab while driver is in service.
- Each driver must meet and sustain physical/medical requirements
pursuant to state and federal law.
All Tropic Supply associates are expected and required to
demonstrate behavior and actions consistent with the Companys core
values at all times: Including but not limited to:
- Consistently providing resourceful and reliable solutions
- Managing relationships, not transactions
- Being accountable for their actions
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Operating at all times with integrity
- Treating people (internal and external customers) with respect
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable experience.
- 2 years of general warehouse experience. Knowledge of proper
use of tape guns and banding machine as required by package
- Familiar with bills of lading, packing lists and purchase
orders to the extent of proper receiving, matching and distribution
- Ability to develop relationships with customers and provide a
high level of customer service
- Must be able to accurately attend to details and handle
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with minimum amount of supervision under
- Proficiency/experience with scanning equipment.
- The ability to drive for up to 12 hours and work an average of
50 hours per week transporting hazardous materials and sitting for
extended periods of time in a truck tractor.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and meet the qualifications in
49 CFR Section 391.11(b)(1) of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety
- Must be able to read and speak the English language, in
accordance with 49CFR Section 391.11(b)(2) of the Federal Motor
Carrier Safety Regulations.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat, and
climb, as necessary, to perform vehicle inspections required under
49 CFR Sections 396.11-15 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to operate all tools and equipment in a safe
manner; including but not limited to: fork lift, pallet jack, and
hand truck, reporting safety issues immediately.
The ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat, as well as
grasp, lift, and handle heavy equipment as necessary, to ensure
safety while operating commercial truck, during the hooking and
dropping processes of tractor/trailer combinations. Manual
dexterity sufficient to operate a commercial motor carrier,
computer keyboard and calculator. Requires normal range of hearing,
vision and smell.
Keywords: Tropic Supply, Inc., Delray Beach , Delivery Truck Driver/Warehouse, Other , Delray Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!