LPN / LVN - ED - Emergency Department - $19+ per hour
Company: Palm Beach Health Network - Tenet
Location: Delray Beach
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Palm Beach Health Network - Tenet is seeking a LPN / LVN ED -
Emergency Department for a job in Delray Beach, Florida.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ED - Emergency Department
- Discipline: LPN / LVN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours
- Employment Type: Staff
Up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus
A Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible and accountable for the
delivery of nursing practice and utilization of the nursing process
related to patient care under the supervision of a register
1. Reports for scheduled shift on time and prepared to assume
- -- Reports to work in proper uniform or attire.
- -- Leaves for meal break on time and returns on time.
- -- Varies work schedule to meet the needs of the
- -- Ensures all overtime had been approved by the department
head prior to working.
- -- Schedules all time off with supervisors approval.
- -- Strictly adheres to hospital attendance/tardiness policies
100% of the time.
- -- Wears I.D. badge and locator badge in visible location at
all times on hospital property.
2. Attends and participates in meetings and is responsible for
information communicated at meetings.
- -- Attends all hospital mandatory in-services on a timely basis
- -- Participates as an active team member at staff
- -- Reads communications and acts upon in a positive and
- -- Is an active participant on assigned committees.
3. Adheres to Corporate, Regional, hospital and departmental policy
and procedure 100% of the time.
- -- Reads and comprehends the company's Standards of Conduct.
During the past evaluation period, has demonstrated compliance with
the company's Ethics program.
- -- Completes Standards of Conduct training on hire and annually
- -- Understands that compliance with Corporate Integrity Program
is a condition of employment and violation of any principals or
practices if the program will result in disciplinary action up to
and including termination.
- -- Maintains confidentiality regarding
patient/employee/facility/corporate information 100% of the
- -- Accepts change as an opportunity for growth, learning and
development; adapts to changing procedures and goals in a
cooperative and positive manner.
4. Assists all patients, family members, physicians, visitors and
employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- -- Extends special attention and sensitivity to all patients,
visitors, physicians and fellow employees.
- -- Assists in maintaining an atmosphere of cooperation with
other departments and allied professionals.
- -- Demonstrates respect and cooperation in all staff
relationships, and a genuine willingness to prevent or resolve
- -- Demonstrates the ability to participate in and/or implement
- -- Actively participates in and encourages actions that promote
good public relations with patients' families, visitors and the
community. Focus should always be on ensuring patient satisfaction
to reach PSMS goals.
- -- Works together in a spirit of teamwork.
5. Follows Infection Control procedures at all times.
- -- Strictly adheres to Standard Precautions by adhering to the
usage of personal protective equipment when handling blood or body
- -- Cleans hands before and after all patient contact. Washes
hands and other skin surfaces with soap and water thoroughly and
immediately if contaminated with blood or other body fluids and
before and after patient contact.
- -- Dispose of sharps in puncture resistant needle
- -- All healthcare workers who participate in invasive
procedures must routinely use appropriate barrier precautions. Wear
gloves, goggles, and surgical masks for all invasive
- -- All specimens of blood and body fluids should be placed in a
well-constructed container with a secure lid to prevent leaking
during transport. Specimen containers should be placed in
biohazardous coded plastic bag for transportation.
- -- Adheres to isolation procedures and techniques at all times
6. Adheres to the following environmental care standards.
- -- Demonstrates adequate knowledge of Safety Policies and
Procedures, the use of SDS sheets, Hazardous Material procedures,
and Safety Codes.
- -- Demonstrates adequate knowledge of Security issues, i.e.,
personal protection, protection of personnel and hospital
7. Demonstrates the ability to adapt to a varied populations served
including age-specific and culture.
Minimum: Graduate of an accredited school of Licensed Practical
Prior clinical experience minimum 1 year
Current Florida LPN license; American Heart Association BLS
certification. For Telemetry and higher acuity units, ACLS (AHA)
and EKG also required.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
law. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet Job ID
#2305018736-5. Posted job title: Licensed Practical Nurse Emergency
Department Full Time DaysAbout Palm Beach Health Network -
TenetTenet's Palm Beach Health Network is one of the largest
healthcare networks in Palm Beach County, consisting of Delray
Medical Center, Good Samaritan Medical Center, Palm Beach
Children's Hospital, Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, St. Mary's
Medical Center and West Boca Medical Center, along with various
ambulatory surgery centers, outpatient facilities and urgent care
centers. All of our hospitals have received prestigious awards and
accolades, national rankings and multiple accreditations. We are
dedicated to the standards of excellent patient care that are the
hallmark of the Tenet brand.Benefits
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Palm Beach Health Network - Tenet, Delray Beach , LPN / LVN - ED - Emergency Department - $19+ per hour, Healthcare , Delray Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!