Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Location: Delray Beach
Posted on: September 17, 2022
UpHealth Inc. - Powering healthcare's digital transformation
UpHealth combines established services with a new, digital-first
approach that doesn't just adapt to today's challenges but
leapfrogs past them. We can integrate with any existing or emerging
system and we already power many of the world's largest and most
trusted health institutions. We serve a U.S. & International
network of 30,000 providers, 160+ Behavioral Health providers, and
2,100+ healthcare venues including hospitals, clinics, education
facilities and large employers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse is a registered professional nurse who
prescribes, coordinates, and evaluates patient care through
collaborative efforts with health team members in accordance with
the nursing process and the standards of care and practices. The
Registered Nurse is responsible for all nursing related services
for each patient. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the
direction of the nurses under their supervision. The Registered
Nurse is responsible to provide medical & history screens,
providing routine nursing care and overseeing the medical and
psychiatric management of the patients in coordination with the
attending physician. RN is also a member of the treatment team and
provides input into the development of the treatment plan.
Essential Job Functions:
* Completes all admission documentation within 24 hours of the
patient's admission to the program.
* Works as a liaison between the pharmacy and patient.
* Works as a liaison between the lab and the patient.
* Follows up on all pharmacy orders and calling in orders to
* Assist with Prior Authorization procedures.
* Assists with eRX prescribing when needed.
* Works closely with Lead Nurse and Nurse Manager with orders of
* Assist with discharge preparation.
* Assists with training of new LPN/RNs.
* Ensures that all UDS orders are entered correctly.
* Assist with keeping accurate infection log of all patients.
* Complies with DCF/AHCA/Joint Commission practice standards.
* Communicates effectively between other departments and peers.
* Transcribes Physician's Orders and Implements all Medical
Protocols as ordered.
* Administers medications and monitors for effectiveness and/or
* Monitors for post-acute withdrawal symptoms and ongoing mental
* Confers with and assists the Medical Director and APRNs.
* Makes appropriate referrals using referral forms.
* Attends and participate in all "in-service" functions.
* Takes initiative to complete all needed tasks within the
* Assists with emergency situations and make immediate
* Provides documentation which reflects services for each patient
in accordance with licensure standards.
* Maintains the Confidential nature of all patients and facility
* Maintains required Training & Continuing Education.
* Maintains Standards of Ethical Conduct.
* Complies with all Transformations Policies and Procedures.
* Meets with patients requesting to see the doctor to determine the
urgency of their medical needs and expedite treatment as
* Effectively communicates concerns about patient health to the
Medical Director and follows up as necessary.
* Under the supervision of the Medical Director, assists in
educating patients about health problems and medical care.
* Facilitates medication education for new patients and for all
other patients starting new medications.
* Meets with therapists to provide information about patient
* Assists the treatment team in incorporating medical issues into
* Takes orders from the Medical Director and/or the APRNs,
documents them in the patient record and carries them out
accurately and professionally.
* Participate in regular meetings with Clinical Director to discuss
specific patient problems.
* Facilitate medical groups as needed and participates in regular
department meetings and staff meetings.
* Encourage efficient utilization of supplies and equipment to
* Maintains effective communication between outside medical
services and the facility.
* Participates in Performance Improvement, Utilization Review, Fire
& Disaster Committees, and others as requested.
* Interacts with clients with compassion and respect.
* Attends in-service education programs as assigned to learn new
forms, procedures, developmental skills, etc.
* Has a good work habit: get things done in a timely, efficient
manner with no excessive absences.
* Functions well as a team member and contribute positively to the
morale of staff.
* Performs additional duties, as deemed necessary by Medical
* Maintains up-to-date training in CPR, First Aid, Crisis
Intervention, Infection Control, Fire Safety, and other areas
mandated by organizational policies.
* Communicates effectively with other staff members and
demonstrates the ability to work as a team member.
* Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability, responding positively
to changing situations in the work setting.
* Demonstrates objectivity and maturity under stress.
* Accepts and utilizes supervision, performs other assignments as
requested by supervisor.
* Addresses problems noted by supervisor.
* Demonstrates willingness to accept responsibility.
* Completes all tasks with concern for work quality.
* Adhere to all company policies and safety rules, guidelines &
* Knowledge of appropriate nursing assessment, diagnoses, &
interventions with patients
* Knowledge of milieu management
* Ability to direct subordinates in the performance of their
* Ability to accurately administer medication and monitor
* Demonstrates Proficiency in Communication & Written skills
* Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding Patient
* Must be available and able to work during a disaster situation
such as a Hurricane.
* A minimum of one (1) year experience in a psychiatric health-care
facility treating co-occurring, mentally ill, or chemically
dependent patients, with understanding of co-occurring
* Current Florida State Registered Nurse License
* Current CPR Certification
* Current Florida Driver License
* All employees may be required to work before, during and/or
immediately after a natural or man-made disaster
UpHealth Core Values
An Equal Opportunity Employer-M/F/D/V
The demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed,
to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts
or working conditions associated with this job. Other functions may
be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the
duties at any time.
Keywords: Cloudbreak, Delray Beach , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Delray Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!