Company: Seagate Hospitality Group
Location: Delray Beach
Posted on: May 22, 2023
The Purchasing Manager works closely with the buying team to
ensure responsible sourcing for equipment, goods, and services
while managing existing vendors and securing new ones. They will
perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories
while searching for the best deals and contracts to ensure a
maximum profit for the property.
- Plan, develop, and purchase materials, parts, supplies, and
equipment in a timely and cost-effective way while maintaining
appropriate quality standards
- Lead the Purchasing Team in vendor negotiations, including
strategy, communication, and achieving positive results.
- Monitors requisition activity to ensure all requests are
handled and processed promptly.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate inventory and products are
available to meet the company's needs.
- Manage workflow for buyers and purchasing clerks.
- Prepares instruction/procedure manuals to assist the department
with all new systems and policies.
- Develops, updates, maintains, and enforces purchasing policies
- Coordinates procedures with all departments
- Reviews bids and quotations obtained by purchasing staff and
makes selections and recommendations
- Prepares detailed reports regarding all aspects of the
procurement process as required
- Assists in the preparation of the department budget
- Provides detailed analysis and implementation for all special
projects as required
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within
the area of responsibility
- Develop, secure, and analyze requests for quotes
- Research and identify suitable vendors/suppliers and make
- Build and develop relationships with vendors
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issue purchase
orders by company policy and negotiated terms and conditions
- Report and maintain any variances against the budget before
items are purchased
- Keep accurate records of the total cost of products
- Total cost analysis of goods and services
- Track and utilize 80/20 reports
- Work with the accounts payable department and accounting to
ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for
the business with the supplier
- Work with and organize products in the warehouse and receiving
- Develop and implement plans to achieve purchasing goals
- Manage the tactical operations of the materials management and
purchasing function & staff
- Liaise with counterparts in other functional areas, such as
Sales, Product Management, and Warehouse personnel, to ensure
alignment of activities and objectives
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Five (5) or more years of purchasing supervisory / management
experience in gaming/hospitality environment required
- Three (3) or more years of food & beverage buying experience
for a Four-Diamond or greater Hotel/Casino property required
- Extensive knowledge in Red Rock or similar Inventory Purchasing
Systems is required
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- Professional demeanor appropriate for a luxury environment
- Strong working knowledge of inventory planning, forecasting
techniques, as well as operational systems and warehouse
- Proven track record in successful project management and
completion (on time, on budget, goals met)
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative
analytical skills and an innovative approach to
- Demonstrated ability in team development, management, and
- Excellent MS Office (Excel, MSQuery, Access, PowerPoint)
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
Physical Requirements/ Other
- Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for prolonged periods
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch
- Must use hands to reach, grasp, handle, pull and push
The Seagate Perks!
- For full-time candidates, health benefits offered after 90-day
probationary period is completed to include medical, dental &
- Generous time off and vacation package.
- Company Matched 401K
- Advancement opportunities within a growing company.
- Free Parking
Keywords: Seagate Hospitality Group, Delray Beach , Purchasing Manager, Executive , Delray Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...