Life Style/ Social Director
Company: FirstService Residential
Location: Delray Beach
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a
place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and
training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may
be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's
foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates,
and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality
people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving
residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly
making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and
themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know
The Social/Activities Director will develop, organize and program
all adult entertainment activities for the on-site property. Must
continually maintain and improve all aspects of the
clubhouse-oriented social life.
- Organize all resident activities, on and off premises,
including dances, theme parties, holiday celebrations, movies, card
games, exercise programs, etc.
- Conduct an assessment to determine those activities in which
the residents would be most interested in pursuing and/or
- Supervise the development of new and existing clubs that
reflect the interests of the Community.
- Document resident participation in group and/or individual
- Manage all areas of special events, games and entertainment
- Supervise catering (food and beverage) for functions.
- Supervise decorating and promotions for functions (where
- Supervise all operational and technical requirements related to
clubhouse activities such as lighting and sound.
- Supervise any in-house television channel.
- Coordinate all club meetings and use of rooms.
- Schedule shows, cabarets, holiday parties, special events, etc.
Keep calendar of activities for the community.
- Supervise preparation of in-house publication. Be responsible
for overall lay-out of the publication and distribution.
- Supervise ticket sales for shows.
- Design Order display event and show posters.
- Oversee all bulletin boards in clubhouse. Keep these
- Serve as Host, Mistress/Master of Ceremonies for shows and
- Order needed supplies (e.g., art and craft supplies, party
- Oversee the activity budget to ensure that costs are maintained
within budgetary guidelines.
- Take pictures of Community events, parties and other special
- Plan special "theme" days or months around holidays, seasons,
or recognized days.
- Additional Duties Responsibilities
- Other duties as required.
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Establish and supervise necessary committees as required.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE ABILITIES:
- Associates degree in Business or related field from an
accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years or related work experience as an Activities
or Social Director required.
- Knowledge, Skills Proficiencies
- Must have strong entertainment planning background.
- Minimal graphic design skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Able to work with vendors and crews on organizing events in a
- Strong administrative background.
- Excellent working knowledge of customer service principles and
- Outstanding interpersonal, office management and communication
skills, as well as a self-starter and multi-tasker.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and
- Exercise all duties and tasks in a cheerful and friendly manner
as well as be a team player, together with office staff and
residents to achieve all events successfully.
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven, with ability
to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
- The associate is required to work at a personal computer for
extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for
extended periods of time.
- Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, walking, carrying, and occasional
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends.
- Driving when necessary.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description;
therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign
schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any
Keywords: FirstService Residential, Delray Beach , Life Style/ Social Director, Executive , Delray Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!