Director of Nursing Services at Harbour's Edge Lifespace Communities, Inc. - Delray Beach, FL
Company: Lifespace Communities, Inc.
Location: Delray Beach
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Don t just live life---.love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to
create memories for our residents! If you are a compassionate Nurse
who has the heart for providing exceptional care and and you have
the desire to create memorable experiences for our seniors, we want
to talk to you!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our
passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your
career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to
become a Director of Nursing Services, at Harbour's Edge located in
Delray Beach, FL.
The Director of Nursing Services provides leadership to the nursing
department through planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating
activities of the nursing department including implementation of
the department s philosophy and goals, standards for nursing
practice and the management and development of nursing team
members. This role is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to
customer service through resident focused initiatives that support
the mission of the community and Lifespace Communities.
A few other details about the role:
- Provide leadership and vision to the department by developing
and maintaining departmental objectives, standards of nursing
practice and nursing policy, and procedure manuals.
- Plan, coordinate and implement new techniques, nursing
objectives and standards of nursing care.
- Coordinate nursing services with other resident services to
ensure the continuity of the resident s total regime of care and
provide direct resident care.
- Oversee and assist in assessment, coordination, planning,
monitoring, implementation and evaluation in case
- Organize resident care programs which include the
interdisciplinary team, resident care planning team, the
restorative care program and other programs as necessary to provide
- Foster an environment which acknowledges and supports each
resident and their rights to make choices regarding their
surroundings and care.
- Meeting federal and regulatory requirements ensure appropriate
staffing levels and forecast staff needs with fluctuation of
- Oversee all employment related activities to include team
member safety, hiring, performance management, corrective action,
team member engagement and recognition, and team member development
- Develop, implement, monitor, and enforce department
- Generate input into the budget process and maintain monthly
- Institute cost control activities through an organized system
of monitoring the utilization of supplies and equipment, evaluating
and setting standards of supplies and equipment usage.
- Participate and facilitate, as needed, resident, quality,
regulatory and safety meetings specific to the department and
- Guide and enforce proper infection control practices.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in
accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service
culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service
pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
And here s what you need to apply:
- Nursing diploma or associate s degree in nursing from an
accredited nursing program. Bachelor's or master s degree is
- Eight to ten years of nursing experienced in a long care
- Three years supervisory/leadership experience with demonstrated
progressive responsibilities preferably in a long term care
- Certifications and Registered Nurse license and other licensure
required by state regulations
- Certification as a Director of Nursing, Nurse Executive, or
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors
and team members.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the federal, state and local
laws, regulations, and guidelines for residential and skilled
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer
- Solicits resident/family feedback to understand the needs of
the resident and the community. Advocates for service excellence
within the center and influences others to take action.
- Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care.
Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our residents through
empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits a commitment to personal excellence through
professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common
courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and
recommending or implementing process improvements.
- Shows respect and courtesy for fellow teammates by working
together to get the job well done.
- Effectively addresses customer concerns and strives to reduce
or resolve conflict.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the
beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the
support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life
and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is
one of the nation's largest senior living provider of non-profit
retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over
$340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace
Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create
exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy
a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is
committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that
celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,100
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
- Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
- Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
- Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, Iowa
- Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
- Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington,
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire,
- Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, Nebraska
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
- Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
- Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
- The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
- Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida
Keywords: Lifespace Communities, Inc., Delray Beach , Director of Nursing Services at Harbour's Edge Lifespace Communities, Inc. - Delray Beach, FL, Executive , Delray Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!