Company: Zinnia Health
Location: Delray Beach
Posted on: November 17, 2023
JOB TITLE Collection Specialist
DEPARTMENT Patient Collection Specialist
REPORTS TO Collections Manager
The collections specialist is responsible for making and receiving
calls regarding patients' past due balances, explaining patient
benefits and patient responsibility. Preparing and Sending
statements, setting payment arrangements, processing payments,
notating accounts, and posting payments and adjustments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
--- Communicate directly with patients regarding financial
responsibility via phone, email, and USPS.
--- Establish payment arrangements and settlements per company and
--- Make 30 calls minimum per day and collections of $50,000 a
month (Subject to change)
--- Provide exceptional customer service and communication with
patients, collection team, and management.
--- Assist in running and preparing monthly statements.
--- Document all interactions with patients in collaboration
clearly, concisely, and timely on the day of interaction. (If it is
not documented it never happened)
--- Work Payment plan calendar daily by processing payments and
sending Adobe documents for the next day.
--- Post payments and adjustments in Collaborate and other approved
--- Check voicemails and respond to emails daily.
--- Monitor individual collection call metrics, call quality, and
--- Assist with opening correspondence and making sure that they
are appropriately forwarded to the correct departments.
--- Maintain clear and transparent company approved documentation,
reports, and bookkeeping processes. (Stored in company approved
location and made public for management independent review or upon
--- Ensure that you are following the Fair Debt Collection Practice
Act (FDCPA) And report any violation immediately to the collection
--- Attend all job-related meetings or training.
--- Assist with any task assigned to you by Collections Manager or
Technical phone skills
Understanding of substance abuse and mental health disorders.
Experience within the substance abuse/mental health industry is
Basic computer skills
Technical phone skills
Must have knowledge of Insurance benefits and must be able to
explain to clients.
Must have basic knowledge of medical terminology.
To successfully fulfill this role, the individual shall perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. DEPENDABILITY - Employee can be counted on to complete assigned
tasks in a timely manner with little supervision. Accepts
responsibility when necessary to see that the job gets done.
2. ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY - Is prompt and on time for work,
assignments, and meetings. Notifies supervisor prior to lateness or
absence. Understands that excess absences pose a hardship on other
3. JOB SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE - Employee understands and displays the
ability to utilize all required systems.
4. Employee works cooperatively with other community resources and
referral sources to coordinate services to clients.
5. QUANTITY AND QUALITY OF WORK - Cares about the quality and
accuracy of work being produced. Accepts responsibility for
completing job tasks. Uses time productively and efficiently.
6. ATTITUDE - Demonstrates a cooperative, positive, and
enthusiastic attitude toward fellow employees, clients, and
visitors. Maintains a positive attitude in carrying out assignments
and is helpful and courteous to fellow employees.
7. CONFIDENTIALITY - Know and follow confidentiality laws and
procedures at all times.
8. COMMUNICATION SKILLS-Is effective in written and oral
expression. Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette and is able to
communicate easily with clients, referral sources, and visitors in
an appropriate manner. Relates to clients and co-workers in a
respectful and professional manner.
9. CONDUCT - Conducts oneself in a manner consistent with the
agency's code of ethics and code of conduct. Shows professionalism
in an office setting.
10. FLEXIBILITY / HANDLING EMERGENCIES - Responds well to changing
situations or routines. Handles crises calmly and
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies to perform the essential functions of
1. Analytical-the individual synthesizes complex or diverse
2. Problem-solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems
in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Utilizes available resources to answer questions and provide
3. Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations, and demonstrates
customer service etiquette
4. Organization-the individual can maintain records in an organized
5. Inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts
feedback from others.
6. Quality management-the individual looks for ways to improve and
promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
7. Judgment - the individual displays willingness to make
decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely
8. Planning/organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work
activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action
9. Safety and security-the individual observes safety and security
procedures and uses equipment and materials properly. Follows HIPAA
regulations regarding client information.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- Noise Level - usually quiet
- Physical Demands - employee is frequently required to sit;
employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 25 pounds We
are a drug-free work environment and vaccinations are required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Delray Beach, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required) Shift availability:
- Day Shift (Required)
Keywords: Zinnia Health, Delray Beach , Collections Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Delray Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!